If you are interested in posting a classified ad here, visit our Submission page.
Town of Southey Seeks an Administrative Assistant
If you’re looking for an opportunity to build your skills and develop a career in Municipal Government this position would be for you.
The position is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The following job duties:
- Customer Service
- Update Website, Facebook and Electronic Sign
- General knowledge and operation of all office equipment
- Answering phones and directing calls
- Answer general inquires by phone, in person or by email
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Receipting payments
- Book facilities (Hall, camp ground)
- Keep filing system up-to-date
- Manage Town Cemetery records
- Process development permits, zoning and building permits
- Assist with Council Meetings, agendas, grants policies, procedures, bylaws
- Utility Billing Process, A/R Billing Process, A/P Process, Reconciliation of Accounts
- Keeping office clean, empty garbage, recycle for both town office and library
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- Grade 12 Graduate
- Certificate in Local Government Administration or willing to complete the required classes towards certification will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in an office environment, (3 years)
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge with Munisoft programs would be an asset
- The ability to plan, organize, assign, review and to prepare or maintain adequate records and reports.
Please email a cover letter including your salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expires: March 28, 2023