If you are interested in posting a classified ad here, visit our Submission page.
City of Melville Seeks a Director of Finance
• Recommend financial policies to Council.
• Implement financial policies approved by Council.
• Provide financial reporting and forecasting.
• Develop internal controls and short and long range financial budgets.
• Work in coordination with the Administration and Assessment Manager to oversee all financial operations.
• Attend and participate in Council meetings, Council committee meetings and other meetings as determined by the City Manager.
• Preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
• Act as a consultant to Council and its committees as required.
• Prepare financial reports and public accounts as required by The Cities Act.
• A commerce/business or management degree/certification with a major in accounting or finance along with a minimum of five years directly related experience in progressively more responsible positions. Lower experience levels may be considered where an individual possesses a recognized accounting designation.
• A professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA) considered an asset.
• Three to five years previous experience in municipal government
• Must maintain a clear criminal record check and be bondable.
• Local Government Administration or related course work in municipal government operations and financing.
• Training in computer operations, information systems, project management and general office administration.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and 4-day work week with the opportunity of a hybrid work environment of in-office and remote work.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to:
• Email - Chris Bruce, City Manager, email@example.com
• Any questions should be directed to Chris Bruce, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline: 4:00pm March 31, 2023
Click HERE for full job description.
Expires: April 14, 2023