If you are interested in posting a classified ad here, visit our Submission page.
Rural Municipality of Dundurn No. 314 seeks Administrator
Prepare and organize the agendas for all municipal meetings and ensure that agenda packages are provided to each member of council prior to each meeting in a timely manner.
Prepare the resolutions and by-laws for meetings of council and attend all regular, special, and committee meetings.
Prepare, circulate and post the meeting minutes in a timely manner
Ensure all required by-laws and resolutions are in-place and up-to-date and readily available for public review.
Ensure all the records of the municipality are retained in accordance with the requirements of the legislation.
Complete all documents, agreements, or contracts approved by council; prepare correspondence resulting from decisions of council, and delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend changes to municipal policies and programs on an on-going basis, to ensure ongoing relevancy and effectiveness.
- Recommend to council new initiatives, changes to programs / services, or changes to the organizational structure that will improve efficiency or service delivery.
- Answer all public requests, inquiries and / or complaints, ensuring a high standard of service to ratepayers and citizens.
- Responsible for the overall administration of the municipality in accordance with plans, policies, programs, by-laws and regulations established by elected officials and by various provincial statutes.
- Develop and promote a strong working relationship with council, understanding and respecting the specific role distinction of council and management.
Prepare and present options for the annual financial plan for council’s consideration, including the general operating and capital budgets.
Monitor the financial plan, including the preparation of monthly financial statements and annual financial statement and cash flow projections as required.
Provide council with up-to-date financial information on a regular and timely basis; identifying any exceptions, and as necessary, options to manage exceptions.
Ensure that accurate records and books are kept of all the financial affairs of the municipality, i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax collections, payroll, monthly bank reconciliations and investments.
Ensure that all municipal expenditures receive necessary approval before payment is issued.
Provide the Province with financial information and reports as required by legislation, agreements, or as requested.
Ensure that all required records and books are available to the municipality’s auditor when required.
Administer the property assessment and taxation processes including the collection of taxes.
Human Resource Management:
Responsible for managing all municipal employees.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and may be mailed to the following address:
RM of Dundurn No. 314 marked "Administrator"
Dundurn SK S0K 1K0
Expires: October 29, 2021