If you are interested in posting a classified ad here, visit our Submission page.
Town of Battleford Seeks a Chief Administrative Officer
Job Posting - Chief Administrative Officer (C.A.O.)
Founded in 1875, the population of Battleford is 4,400. Budget of 7.5million and staff of 30+.
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
The Town of Battleford is a historic town, rich in history that has seen steady growth. Battleford is:
- Fiscally strong and Prudent.
- Provides strong services to residents, stakeholders, and local businesses.
- Attentive to infrastructure renewal.
- Sensitive to the environment and sustainable growth.
- Learning from yesterday to grow for tomorrow.
The next CAO has an opportunity to significant ly develop Battleford:
- Build the town to become a tourism destination, maximizing the assets our community has to offer.
- Continue strong Downtown Revitalization
- Grow regional partnerships such as, rural municipalities, First Nations, City of North Battleford, and Parks Canada.
Council is looking for someone with administrative credentials and experience including:
- A degree in Public Administration, Political Science, or Business/Commerce; and
- A municipal certification/designation and willing to obtain UMAAS Standard Certification.
- Multiple years' experience in the public sector, leading an accomplished team;
- Ability to deliver Council’s Strategic plan.
- effective financial knowledge.
- Strong written skills and grant writing experience
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Provincial Legislation.
- Experience in Budgets and Bylaws
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, in a fast-paced environment
- Clean Criminal Record Check and Valid Class 5 license.
Compensation - will be commensurate with qualifications, experience and UMASS salary grid.
Closing Date: June 16th, 2023
To discuss the position, please call or email your resume and cover letter to:
Mayor Ames Leslie 1.306.441.2412
Expires: June 17, 2023