If you are interested in posting a classified ad here, visit our Submission page.
Northern Municipal Services seeks Manager of Northern Municipal Advisory and Administration
The Northern Municipal Services (NMS) branch, Ministry of Government Relations, offer’s a challenging and dynamic work environment where you will play a key role enhancing ministry programs and services through leading northern municipal advisory and administration. You will advise decision makers on a wide array of municipal administration and capacity building, sector relations, and other files which support the ministry’s strategic priorities.
Based in La Ronge, and reporting to the Director of Northern Planning, Administration and Sustainability, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and enhancing community capacity building initiatives for northern communities;
- Developing strategies for working with the northern municipal sector and leading the implementation of new approaches to advisory service delivery;
- Directing and supervising the municipal operations and administration of the district, an incorporated northern municipality;
- Researching and analyzing municipal trends and administrative issues, and developing policies, strategies and legislation to address these trends and issues;
- Responding and contributing to Cabinet submissions, reports and briefings, as well as referrals and requests from the Minister and senior executives; and
- Preparing and directing staff in the development of information manuals, administrative guidelines, policy bulletins and the provision of training session for municipal government officials.
Typically, the knowledge required for this position would be acquired through the completion of a degree or graduate degree in a related field such as public policy or business administration, as well as several years of experience as a municipal government administrator with an in-depth knowledge of Saskatchewan’s municipal legislative framework, administrative law, and municipal finances. This position requires travel 25% of the time to remote communities and may involve the use of small aircraft.
Closing Date: August 24, 2022 Competition Number: CON002346
To learn more about or to apply for this opportunity, click on: https://govskpsc.taleo.net/careersection/10180/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=CON002346
Expires: August 24, 2022