City of Kenora seeks Water and Wastewater Division Lead
Located directly east of Winnipeg on the Ontario-Manitoba boarder, nestled on the north shore of the Lake of the Woods, Kenora combines vibrant city life with a rich cultural history in a setting of abundant natural beauty. Kenora has a year-round population of 15,000+ that swells to over 30,000 during the summer months and is the district hub for over 50,000 people.
Water and Wastewater Division Lead
Are you a collaborator who wants to build a purposeful team? Do you bring ownership and accountability to your team by creating a supportive and motivated work environment?
Reporting to the Manager of Operations & Infrastructure, the Water & Wastewater Division Lead is responsible for policy implementation and administering the operation and maintenance activities of the Water & Wastewater Division. Ideally, the successful candidate will bring:
- Post-secondary education in the likely domains of Water and Wastewater, Environmental or Civil Engineering disciplines.
- Class II certifications in Water Distribution, Wastewater Treatment and Wastewater Collection, and Class III in Water Treatment Operations.
- Three (3) years progressive experience in a municipal drinking water environment, particularly with a large, municipal, residential drinking water treatment facility.
- Three (3) years’ related supervisory success in a unionized environment.
- Responsible Operator (ORO) as required under Ontario Regulation 128/04, Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Guideline No. 5.1, and Drinking Water Operator/Water Quality Analyst Certification, as amended.
To discuss the position in confidence, please call or email. Resumes can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynda Schroeder, Senior Consultant
Expires: September 30, 2020