Town of Whitewood seeks Working Foreman/Supervisor
The Town of Whitewood is located 175 km east of Regina at the crossroads of the Trans-Canada Highway #1 and Saskatchewan Highway #9. With an in-town population of 865 with a K-12 School. Whitewood has excellent recreational facilities including a 55,000 square foot skating arena/curling rink, outdoor swimming pool, splash park, 20- site serviced campground, ball diamonds, horseshoe pits, tennis court, basketball court, many parks/green spaces, 9-hole golf course, dog park and walking path.
• Present council and CAO the budgetary priorities for each calendar year, (ie capital requirements, known changes to operating expenses and revenues
• Attend to all repairs of water and sewer mains on town streets and affecting private property and supervise any contractors that have been hired
• Ensure all bylaws of the municipality are adhered to as required, working with the town Bylaw Officer
• Perform duties as the Town’s dog/cat catcher
• Maintain and manage drainage, culverts etc.
• Maintain street maintenance, grading, snow removal, mowing of ditches and weed control
• Maintain all municipal owned property
• All other duties designated by CAO or by resolution of council
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role or in a similar position
• Power Equipment Certificates – grader, skid steer
• Water & Wastewater Certification would be an asset
• Valid driver’s license (Class 5), Class 3 with Air would be an asset
• Mechanical skills, skilled operation of equipment/machinery
• Ability to prioritize, good communication skills – verbal & written
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Basic Computer skills
• Other skills/background related to the duties outlined.
• Able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Expires: August 30, 2020