The Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association (SUMA) is the voice of Saskatchewan’s hometowns, representing more than 430 Saskatchewan cities, towns, villages, resort villages, and northern municipalities. Each year, municipalities spend more than $1.2 billion on programs, services, and infrastructure. Partnering with SUMAdvantage, our group purchasing program, guarantees you access to this municipal market.
SUMAdvantage partners have direct marketing access to our member municipalities through our full-time marketing coordinator. Our marketing coordinator works to promote your products and services to members by delivering your marketing materials and customized promotional materials into the hands, and inboxes, of our members. Marketing pieces incorporate your company logo, information about your products and services, and relevant contact information for your sales team.
As a SUMAdvantage partner, you have:
Direct access to our SUMA members
- Receive a list of names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of the Chief Administrative Officer and public works staff;
- Discover which municipalities are not current business customers; and
- Benefit from a pre-established level of trust between SUMA members and SUMAdvantage businesses.
Promotional material delivered directly to members through our bi-weekly e-newsletter SUMAdvantage News, our association’s quarterly magazine, and mail-outs
- Marketing and promotions sent through SUMAdvantage News, which is distributed to all member municipalities;
- A partnership announcement made in our quarterly magazine, Urban Voice - Urban Voice has a controlled circulation of nearly 3,800 with a pass-along readership of over 11,400;
- Business and contact information are added to the SUMAdvantage partner page in Urban Voice and displayed in every issue; and
- Provide promotional materials and have them included in SUMA's mailouts.
Exposure through the SUMA website
- Vendors are listed on the SUMAdvantage page of the SUMA website; and
- Logo, summary of the product or service offered, sales contact information, and a link to the vendors webpage are all included.
Guaranteed first opportunity to secure space at the SUMA Convention Municipal Marketplace Tradeshow in a desirable location
- Receive preferred location in the SUMA tradeshow, highly visible, and located in a high traffic area; and
- Booth signage to indicate SUMAdvantage partners.
The Municipal Market tradeshow is consistently sold out, and more than 1,000 delegates walk through each year.
SUMA Convention advertising and sponsorship opportunities
- SUMAdvantage partners are given first option at convention sponsorship. Sponsorship levels vary in price and can include advertising and speaking time.
Face-to-face exposure at SUMA’s regional meetings throughout the province
- SUMAdvantage partners may be asked to present; and
- Option to sponsor meetings, which includes a speaking opportunity.
Access to SUMA’s Marketing Coordinator
- SUMA’s marketing coordinator travels year-round, speaking to members about SUMAdvantage partners;
- Through face to face conversations, members are advised of vendor promotions and new products;
- Presents on SUMAdvantage by attending other tradeshows and through various speaking engagements;
- Distributes marketing pieces to members;
- Meets with partners to learn about available products and services;
- Available for joint meetings to open doors to municipalities; and
- Feedback gained from face-to-face meetings shared with the partners.