The CAO will report to Council and guide the overall operations and delivery of the day-to-day affairs of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act, Strategic Plan, Town Policies and Bylaws.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Provide positive leadership, direction, mentorship, and coaching to the administration team.
· Ensure operations and budgets align with strategic plans and annual goals.
· Ensure proper financial recording and reporting consistent with Public Sector Accounting Principles and budget management consistent with MGA requirements.
· Recommends progressive and responsive policies, procedures, systems, and investments.
· Embrace innovation concurrent with the continuous pursuit of cost and operational efficiencies.
· Works with Council to help set vision and direction.
· Monitor all matters associated with risk, legal, finance, policy, business development, infrastructure, projects, safety, environment, and community.
· Attend Council meetings and other related committee or stakeholder meetings as may be prudent or required.
· Participate and engage in community events and activities.
· Proficient in addressing and managing public relations and conflict resolution.
· Build and develop relationships with community members, industries, governments, organizations, institutions, and other potential stakeholders.
· Maintain current knowledge on relevant legislation e.g. Municipal Government Act and granting avenues/opportunities.
· Possess a Degree and/or Diploma in Business or Public Administration, or equivalent.
· Progressive senior managerial experience in local government.
· Certified Local Government Manager (CLGM) Certification would be an asset.
· An equivalent combination of relevant management and leadership experience from another sector may be considered.
· Engineering or related discipline, education and or work experience preferred.
· Demonstrated senior level management experience with financial and budgeting processes, strategic planning, government and people relations, negotiations, communications, conflict resolution, and capital works and infrastructure.
· Experience in Planning & Development (infrastructure) would be an asset.
· Proven Interpersonal and Communication skills.
· High integrity and respectful of others.
· Takes initiative while duly assessing risk factors
Expressions of Interest and Resumes may be sent in confidence to: