TOWN OF OXBOW - PUBLIC WORKS FOREMAN
The Town of Oxbow is seeking a full-time Public Works Foreman. This is both a management and working foreman position; on-call work is required. Under the direction of the CAO, the Foreman is responsible for coordinating the overall operations of the Public Works Department, including water and wastewater networks and infrastructure, streets, sidewalks, and various municipal buildings and equipment.
Considerable judgement, professionalism, and leadership skills are necessary in coordinating and carrying out the work with the Public Works team. Complex problems and policy matters are resolved in conjunction with the CAO and Council.
• Level 2 Water Treatment Certificate (or prepared to obtain);
• Level 2 Water Distribution Certificate (or prepared to obtain);
• Level 1 Wastewater Management (or prepared to obtain);
• 3A driver’s license with air brake endorsement (preferred);
• Heavy equipment operating and maintenance experience;
• Experience plumbing, carpentry and mechanical repair;
• Team player with demonstrated leadership and human resource management skills;
• Proficient in technology and applications (MS Office, GPS, Smartphone);
• Familiarity and compliance with Occupational Health & Safety legislation and practices;
• Motivated to pursue professional development opportunities for self and staff;
• Superior communication skills and ethics;
Attractive benefit package available. Salary negotiable based on experience.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, salary expectation, and three references, two of which are work related. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
For more information or to submit applications:
Lisa Pierce, CAO
Town of Oxbow
P.O. Box 149
Oxbow, SK S0C 2B0