Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Finance Officer will play a key role in the financial administration of both municipalities in this joint office. This position is perfect for CAO’s who prefer the financial portion of their responsibilities and can live without the political, administrative and human resource aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and direct all accounting functions for both municipalities including compliance with applicable legislation and reporting requirements.
• Act as primary liaison with external auditors.
• Oversee and prepare the annual operating and capital budgets.
• Manage reserve accounts and debt portfolios.
• Oversee and prepare tax and assessment rolls, tax notices, school and municipal hail statements.
• Keep current the tangible capital asset schedules.
• Research external funding sources and prepare applications for project assistance.
• Manage project funding and payment of expenditures.
Education and Qualifications:
• A professional accounting designation (CPA) or in the process of attaining a designation as a registered student member in good standing with an accounting organization is an asset but not necessary.
• Knowledge of accounting applications, GAAP and public-sector accounting standards.
• A proven aptitude working with IT software systems.
• A strong knowledge of Excel is essential.
• Ability to prepare financial statements and reports with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call Monica at 306 731 2404 ext 8302