JOB POSTING TOWN OF LEADER CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Council of the Town of Leader is seeking an experienced manager to lead the communities’ operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing strategic direction and priorities as set out by Council. Leader is a progressive community with many planning, capital and development initiatives that the CAO will lead in the coming years.
- Responsible for the overall operation of all town departments.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to the Town of Leader Council and Staff.
- Manage hiring, training, performance management and other human resource related activities.
- Lead the implementation of policies, objectives and initiatives as set by Council.
- Conduct short and long term financial planning, implement asset management practices, compile annual budget and make financial management recommendations to Council.
- Work with staff to ensure a positive, productive and safe work environment.
- Prepare all Council meeting packages, including documents, correspondence and recommendations, as well as conduct scheduling and follow-ups as required. Research, revise and develop policies and bylaws for recommendation to council.
- Develop in depth knowledge of relevant legislation and ensure compliance for operating and reporting requirements are met.
The ideal candidate has:
- Extensive experience, ideally in municipal government, with leading staff, financial management, strategic planning, human resources and working in a board or council setting.
- A certificate in Local Government Administration, equivalent education, or a willingness to obtain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to manage competing demands and regular interruptions, complete tasks independently while working in a team environment, manage a high-volume work load and be customer-service focused.
Salary and Benefits A competitive salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Town offers a comprehensive benefits package and pension through the Municipal Employees Pension Plan.
Start Date As soon as possible with exact date to be negotiated.
Applications, including a cover letter, resume and three references, can be submitted to the undersigned no later than Monday, August 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
Rochelle Francis, Administrator
Leader SK S0N 1H0
***Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
***Successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check