The Town of Leader is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Chief Administrative Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership to Town Staff, managing the Town's affairs and implementing strategic direction and priorities as set out by Council.
• Responsible for the overall operation of all town departments.
• Provide professional leadership and direction to Council and Staff.
• Manage hiring, training, performance and other human resource related activities.
• Conduct financial planning, implement asset management practices, compile annual budget and make financial management recommendations to Council.
• Prepare all Council meeting packages, including documents, correspondence and recommendations.
• Research, revise and develop policies and bylaws for recommendation to council.
• Develop in depth knowledge of relevant legislation and ensure compliance for operating and reporting requirements are met.
The ideal candidate has:
• extensive experience, ideally in municipal government, with leading staff, financial management, strategic planning, human resources and working in a board or council setting.
• A certificate in Local Government Administration, equivalent education, or a willingness to obtain.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of accounting practices.
• Ability to manage competing demands and regular interruptions, complete tasks independently while working in a team environment, manage a high-volume work load and be customer-service focused.
Salary and Benefits: Please visit https://leader.ca/2019/06/job-posting-chief-administrative-officer-2/ to view complete job posting.
Start Date: Submit resumes no later than Friday, July 26, 2019 at 4:00 PM. Visit the website for complete details.
Mayor Craig Tondevold
Box 39 Leader SK S0N 1H0
***Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
***Successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check