The Town of Hepburn is seeking a full time permanent Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). This highly responsible and collaborative position is the principal liaison and support person for the five-member council and runs the day-to-day operations of the municipality implementing the bylaws, policies and resolutions of Council.
The Town has a population of 688 people and is located 40 km north of Saskatoon. A bedroom community with a business district, arena, bowling alley, K-12 public school and churches.
Visit our website at www.hepburn.ca
This position is supported by Council, a Community Coordinator, office clerk and three public works/ water works staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: overseeing and management of Council, committee and staff meetings and presentation of decisions and recommendations, administering and coordinating personnel and facilities for the effective delivery of government services and programs, serving as liaison and upper management to all Town departments and boards under bylaw of Council, ensure timely response to all citizen requests/inquiries, coordinate financial operations of the Town and work with council with the preparation of the annual budget and financial reporting, communications, preparation and submit applications and manage projects under federal and provincial grants and perform other duties as established by Council and those outlined under The Municipalities Act.
• Local Government Authority (LGA) certification with a Standard certificate from the Saskatchewan Urban Municipal Administrators Association (UMAAS). (Advanced certification preferred). Those without certifications but are willing to obtain may be considered.
• Experience in a municipal or comparably multifaceted organization in a leadership role
• Must possess a positive attitude with strong computer skills and knowledge of Munisoft, Microsoft Office and social media. Experience with EasyPay, PubWorks, and Office 365 programs are an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication and Public Relations skills.
• Works well both independently and with a team.
The Town offers a full benefit package through SUMA and an excellent pension package through MEPP, and other policy driven benefits including clothing allowance.
Immediate start date with opportunity to work with outgoing CAO until April 30, 2019.
Apply to the Town of Hepburn:
Hepburn, SK S0K 1Z0
Phone: (306) 947-2170
Subject should read: “CAO Competition”. Please send to the attention of: Brad Wiebe, CAO
RESUME with a minimum of two recent employment references is REQUIRED.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.