PUBLIC WORKS FOREMAN
The Town of Creighton is seeking a full-time Public Works Foreman. This is both a management and working foreman position; on-call work is required. Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Foreman is responsible for coordinating the overall operations of the Public Works Department, including water and wastewater networks and infrastructure, streets, sidewalks, drainage and the various municipal buildings and equipment.
Considerable judgement, professionalism and leadership skills are necessary in coordinating and carrying out the work with the Public Works team. Complex problems and policy matters are resolved in conjunction with the Chief Administrative Officer and Council.
· Level 2 Water Treatment Certificate
· Level 2 Water Distribution Certificate
· Level 2 Wastewater Management
· (or prepared to obtain the certification on the above)
· 3A driver’s license with air brake endorsement
· Heavy equipment operating and maintenance experience
· Experience with welding, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical repair
· Team player with demonstrated leadership and human resource management skills
· Proficient in information technology and applications (Computer, GPS, smartphones)
· Familiarity and compliance with Occupational Health & Safety legislation and practices
· Motivated to pursue professional development opportunities for self and staff
· Effective public communication skills and ethics.
Attractive benefits package available. Salary negotiable based on experience.
All applications should include a cover letter, resume and three work-related references. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
For more information or to submit applications:
Paula Muench, Chief Administrative Officer
Phone 306-688-8253 Fax 306-688-4764
Town of Creighton, Box 100, Creighton, SK S0P 0A0