Town of Coronach
Economic Transition Coordinator
The Westmoreland Mine and SaskPower Station located in the Town of Coronach faces closure within the next ten years resulting in significant economic and social impacts locally and regionally. An important part of the transition process is establishing an Economic Transition Coordinator to support development and coordination of various transition initiatives.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
1. The ability to work independently; must be self-starter, and both a thinker and a doer.
2. The ability to supervise and engage others to accomplish goals.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Capacity to work effectively with local governmental and community leaders (often after regular office hours) in planning, developing and implementing special projects.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Working experience in local government, community economic development or business management ideally involving program administration, problem solving and community engagement.
2. Background and demonstrated capacities in effective oral and written communication.
3. Relevant post secondary training/degree in community development, tourism, public administration or related fields viewed as an asset.
This is a twenty-four-month contract position with a possibility for extension. Compensation will be based on experience and an estimated commitment of 100 hours a month. While some travel will be required within the region, Economic Transition Coordinator will be based in Coronach at the Town Office. Send resume and cover letter by June 24, 2019 to: Catherine MacKay-Wilson, CAO TownofCoronach@LIVE.CA