Water & Sewer Operator – Public Works
The Town of La Ronge is seeking a qualified individual to perform the duties of Water & Sewer Operator for the Water and Sewer Division of the Town’s Public Works Department. Reporting directly to the Manager of Infrastructure, this position will assist with the basic operations, maintenance and repair of all water and sewer facilities including wastewater plant, water reservoirs, and sewer lifts.
Some Duties of the Water & Sewer Operator include:
• Operation and maintenance of Town water and sewer facilities;
• Equipment use and maintenance including trucks, jetters, boilers, lab/test/safety equipment;
• Maintain, operate and repair water supply, treatment & distribution, sewage collection & treatment functions;
• Evening and weekend work may be required; and
• Required to undergo advanced training, seminars and correspondence courses to maintain necessary certification.
• Minimum one year of practical experience in Municipal operations and maintenance as pertains to all facilities, equipment and functions involved within the water and sewer department;
• Class I Water Treatment;
• Class I Water Distribution Certificate;
• Class I Waste Water Collection;
• Class I Waste Water Treatment;
• Confined Space Training would be an asset;
• Related experience in plumbing, electrical or pump mechanics;
• Valid Drivers' License, having airbrake endorsement would be an asset;
• Training and experience in heavy equipment operation would be an asset.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a salary range of $53,884 - $67,357 commensurate with experience, in addition to a competitive benefits and pension package.
This competition will remain active until a suitable candidate is found. Please note that the Town of La Ronge practices global reference checks. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record check.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and expected salary to:
Town of La Ronge
La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0
Fax - (306) 425-3883
Phone - (306) 425-2066