Director of Finance and Administration
This position is responsible for the overall financial and administrative functions of the municipality. This includes the direction and accountability for municipal administrative services, financial services, and assessment services, as well as the development and maintenance of the municipal budget.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the administration, performance and supervision of the finance and administration department.
• Provide overall financial planning and projections for the municipality.
• Prepare and recommend the overall budget and associated mill rates to the CAO and Council.
• Supervise the planning and implementing of all computer systems and hardware.
• Remain abreast of legislation, new technologies and systems as they relate to the finance and administration department.
• Coordinate and prepare the annual financial statement.
• Develop and recommend financial and administrative policies and procedures.
• Plan and administer Municipal Government Board hearings, tax notifications and tax recovery sales.
• Ensure all annual and general assessments are carried out in a timely manner according to provincial legislation and regulations.
• Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent.
• Post-secondary education in administrative management, finance and leadership is preferred.
• University or Technical/Community College graduation in business administration, commerce other related field.
• Minimum five (5) years in a municipal government environment or equivalent is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and Provincial Statues.
Visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description
Submit your resume, in confidence to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive Wage and Benefit Package
Closing date: January 4, 2019, or until suitable candidate is found