City of Yorkton seeks Water & Sewer Systems Manager
Water & Sewer Systems Manager
Competition Number: 2018-23
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track, record, investigate and remedy water & sewer complaints. As well as develop new methods related to departmental operations with respect to new/ innovative technologies/equipment.
- Plan and co-ordinate necessary infrastructure improvements based on identified needs.
- Schedule and manage all work task assignments for departmental employees and contractors.
- Manage and assist in development of annual operating budget, capital budget and long term capital plans.
- Manage all maintenance programs for water distribution and sewer collections operations and any other associated infrastructure.
- Monitor and update infrastructure database software (AssetNav) for all water and sewer infrastructure.
- Provide input as required to engineering consultants for the preparation of water and sewer designs and other projects
Please visit our website at https://www.yorkton.ca/employment/ for a full listing of the position
- Technical Diploma A.Sc.T. or Equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Saftety Training: CSTS/WHMIS, OHS Level 1 and 2, OHS Supervision & Safety, Ground Disturbance, Leadership Safety Excellence, Confined Space, Trench Rescue for Excavations, First Aid/CPR certificate, Fireman’s Boiler certificate, Management/Supervisory training.
SALARY RANGE :
Starting at $79,590.40 of a six-step pay band.
HOURS OF WORK:
7:00 to 4:00 (40 hours/week). Rotational weekend on call and emergencies.
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume quoting competition number 2018-23 by 4:00 pm on July 6, 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (306)786-6880