City of Yorkton seeks Community Safety Officer
Community Safety Officer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enforce Municipal Bylaws such as the Property Standards Bylaw, Traffic Bylaw, Animal Control Bylaw, Cat Control Bylaw, and other Bylaws as required.
- Inspect properties, take pictures, document, etc.
- Capture strays cats or loose dogs using traps, snare poles, and other required methods.
- Issue Orders and/or fines as needed to achieve Bylaw compliance.
- Educate the public about different Bylaws, Provincial Statutes and infractions.
- Enforcement of various Provincial Acts such as Traffic Safety Act, Alcohol and Gaming Regulations Act, Highways and Transportation Act, Environmental Management and Protection Act, All-Terrain Vehicle Act, Snowmobile Act, etc.
- Enforcement may include using radar speed measurement technology or weight measurement scales.
- Coordinate with the RCMP, Liquor and Gaming Authority, and the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure to assist with enforcement, notify pertinent departments of upcoming safety blitz’, etc.
- Records Management – Investigate and document situations as required and file investigation accordingly.
- Prepare files for Court and Prosecute unpaid Bylaw Violation Tickets.
- Grade 12 or Equivalent
- 2 years of experience within Bylaw Enforcement, RCMP, Police, or Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
- Community Safety Officer, Bylaw Enforcement Officer Training, or Special Constable Training mandatory
- Class 5 Driver’s license required
- Must possess and maintain an RCMP Security Clearance
Interested applicants are invited to apply online at www.yorkton.ca.